Digital learning activities (DLA) are those kind of activities which are “facilitated by technology or by instructional practice that makes effective use of technology” (Victoria State Government, 2017: n.p.),
DLA are used both in the educational system both in the labour market.
“The term ‘digital learning’ means any instructional practice that effectively uses technology to strengthen a student’s learning experience and encompasses a wide spectrum of tools and practices:
– Interactive learning resource, digital learning content (which may include openly licensed content), software, or simulations, that engage students in academic content;
– Access to online databases and other primary source documents;
– The use of data and information to personalize learning and provide targeted supplementary instruction;
– Online and computer-based assessments;
– Learning environments that allow for rich collaboration and communication, which may include student collaboration with content experts and peers;
– Hybrid or blended learning, which occurs under direct instructor supervision at a school or other location away from home and, at least in part, through online delivery of instruction with some element of student control over time, place, path, or pace” (Renton School District: n.p.).
Short history of digital learning activities:
How to choose the proper digital learning activity?
How you choose which activity and associated technology to use can depend on a number of factors:
As an adult educator you should reflect on:
Write down a list of learning activities that you usually choose during teaching
What are your favourite learning activities?
Write them down and then discuss them with your colleagues
If you want to read some example of digital learning activities read the following:
This topic was an introduction to learning activities in a digital environments. Although there are schemes and practical examples, there is not a right way to develop and to implement a digital learning activity. As this topic shown in the previous pages, these activities must be created depending of various factors, first of all the kind of student which you are teaching and the resources you have at your disposal.